Photo Credit: Shinobi Creative Productions
The following procedures ensure all TWIST TriCities’ staff and clients enjoy safe workouts and respect each other to enjoy a healthy positive post-COVID-19 experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if you have additional questions, we are here for you and happy to help!
- Our private facility is quite different from typical “big box” gyms or boutique studios. Our training floor is over 4,000 sq. ft. with 23 ft. ceilings and two bay doors that we open for ventilation during training sessions.
- Each person who enters our facility must be pre-booked on TRIIB that way we know who is coming and when they are coming so that we can limit occupancy. There are no spectators allowed at this time so please wait in your vehicle if you are there to pick a client up.
- Everyone who enters the facility must wear a face mask – this includes the staff. People who are unable to wear a mask due to a health condition or a physical, cognitive or mental impairment, and people who are unable to put on or remove a mask without the assistance of another person are exempt from mask requirements.
- The lobby entrance is now closed. We have implemented a one-way traffic policy: our primary entry and exit are at the rear of the building. The entrance and exit doors are clearly marked.
- Please sanitize or wash your hands when you enter and exit the facility utilizing the sanitization stations located by the doors.
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled session. Everyone (staff included) who enters must review the COVID-19 screening questions then provide their contact information and signature before being permitted inside. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There is no congregating allowed before or after sessions. Please remain 2 metres from other members when waiting to enter the facility for a class and exit promptly after your training session.
- Everyone in the facility must remain 2 metres away from others at all times when not exercising.
- Coaches will remain a minimum of 2.5 metres away from members while they are exercising and will use only verbal coaching cues (no “hands-on” corrections).
- Each person is assigned a power rack station with their own equipment – there is no sharing of equipment. Each person must stay within their clearly designated workout area that is positioned 2.5 metres away from the next person.
- Our low intensity group classes are limited to 8 people to accommodate the 2.5 metre physical distancing requirement. Spin and HIIT classes have been cancelled and replaced with our TWIST low intensity strength training classes until we receive notice by the PHO that it is safe for us to resume.
- Our low intensity group classes are adequately spaced to allow for sanitization and ventilation.
- All equipment and each workspace is cleaned and sanitized by US following each group coaching session or private training session – we don’t rely on our members to do this as some gyms do – to ensure that the sanitization is done properly.
- Clients may bring their own equipment (e.g. exercise mats, strength bands, etc.)
- Our single person washrooms (no big change rooms here) are cleaned and sanitized repeatedly throughout the day as well as all high touch surfaces throughout the centre.
- Our water cooler is available for clients to refill their own personal water bottles; please be mindful to remain 2 metres away from others while waiting to use it.
- Our full COVID-19 policy is posted on the training floor.
We are so excited to be able to welcome everyone back and it’s our mission to ensure our community stays healthy, fit, positive and STRONG!